close up of sculpture on north campus


See where your gift can do the most good


Join us to help students weather crises, grow from experience and excel. Our dedicated funding buckets help direct your gift where it matters most to you.


Your annual gifts in 2020-21 helped our students turn trials into triumphs and helped us raise the bar of excellence in engineering education and innovation.

Your legacy

Endowed scholarships, fellowships and professorships support the successful future and growth of Michigan Engineering by supporting our most promising students, scholars and faculty.

Corporate partners

Sponsoring scholarships, fellowships and projects can pay dividends in your recruiting pipeline and give you better access to experts in your industry. Consider partnering with us.


You can support Michigan Engineering through

U-M’s giving website, Leaders & Best.

Smiling student snapping a selife at graduation
Graduating students and their friends and families attend the Spring 2018 Commencement at Crisler Center in Ann Arbor, MI on April 28, 2018. Photo: Joseph Xu/Michigan Engineering, Communications & Marketing

Other Ways to give

By check:

Payable to the University of Michigan. Write the name of the fund your gift will support in the memo line.

Cash/Wire transfer:

Call the toll-free Office of Gift Administration Gift Help Line at 1-888-518-7888, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.

Electronic funds transfer:

Make a monthly gift from your checking account or credit card. To initiate, please complete an authorization form (pdf).

Payroll deduction:

Available to U-M faculty and staff through Wolverine Access.

Matching gifts:

Double or triple your impact. See if your company participates.

Contact Advancement:

Email us at or call (734) 647-7042.

Tax benefits

Your gift may provide you with federal and state income tax benefits. Your state may also allow a credit or deduction. The University of Michigan has 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt status; our federal tax ID number is 38-6006309. As always, you should consult a qualified tax professional for tax advice.