You Can Make a Difference
Your connection to the Michigan Engineering community doesn’t end when you graduate — it expands.
As a Michigan Engineering alum, you’ve gained years of career experience, insight and expertise that no one else can match. That experience is incredibly valuable to our current students, and the Michigan Engineering Alumni Volunteer program gives you the power to share it.
Whether you can spare an hour a week, if you’re on-campus or on the other side of the world, you can meet other alumni, and most importantly, make a difference in the lives of Michigan Engineering students.
Types of volunteer opportunities
- Mentor students in-person or virtually (view the video)
- Conducting mock job interviews
- Offering technical expertise and guidance to student groups or teams
- Judging and providing feedback on student design projects
- Sharing your knowledge and experience as a special lecturer
- Providing helpful feedback on resumés
- Creating networking opportunities with prospective employers
- Help students decide their major - participate in career discussion panels
- Face to Face, 30-Minute Mentoring - Oct 28, 2016
- BME Undergraduate Mentoring - Nov. 4, 2016
- BME Graduate Mentoring - Nov. 4, 2016
- ME Grad Student Mentoring - Nov. 18, 2016
- Design Reviews | Project Judging
- Major Decisions | Career Panels August, 2017
- Guest Speaking
- Mentorships | Ongoing
- Mock Interviews
- Resumé Help
- Student Groups & Teams
- Recruit Graduate Students
- Finding Interns/Hiring
- Community Outreach Teams
- Event Support
Questions? Email us at CoE-Volunteers@umich.edu.