Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Our Plan in Action
Through the college’s Strategic Plan for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (PDF), we’re walking the talk. Here’s a sampling of our work so far:
- Implicit Bias Workshop to help students become aware that all of us have biases that affect how we interact with those around us.
- Intercultural Development Inventory, which assesses a person’s abilities to successfully interact with people from different cultures.
- Fireside chats and other opportunities for students to gather and share ideas
- Workshops around the topic of having difficult conversations.
- “1000 Cuts,” a session that examines the forces that shape campus climate and the ways people respond to negative experiences.
- Instruction in inclusive teaching for new and existing faculty.
- #IAmNotHidden social media campaign to celebrate the diversity of our students.
- Hidden Figures author Margot Lee Shetterly keynote on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.