Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Michigan Engineers make an impact on the world, but we can only be our best when we can all be ourselves. Help us refine, prioritize and act on our five-year plan to build the College we envision.
Our Plan in Action
Through the college's Strategic Plan for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, we're walking the talk. Here's a sampling of our work so far:
- Implicit Bias Workshop to help students become aware that all of us have biases that affect how we interact with those around us.
- Intercultural Development Inventory, which assesses a person’s abilities to successfully interact with people from different cultures.
- Fireside chats and other opportunities for students to gather and share ideas
- Workshops around the topic of having difficult conversations.
- “1000 Cuts,” a session that examines the the forces that shape campus climate and the ways people respond to negative experiences.
- Instruction in inclusive teaching for new and existing faculty.
- #IAmNotHidden social media campaign to celebrate the diversity of our students.
- Hidden Figures author Margot Lee Shetterly keynote on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
We want to know what you think. Check out the plan and share your thoughts.