Graduate Student Research
Come to Michigan and be extraordinary. Our world-class faculty do all kinds of research with grants of all sizes, including some major ongoing research projects which are helping to track storms worldwide, design autonomous cars, stop the proliferation of nuclear weapons and more.
- Cyclone Global Navigation System (NASA)
- Automotive Research Center
- Center for Future Architectures Research
- Consortium for Verification Technologies
- Center for Photonic and Multiscale Nanomaterials
- Predictive Integrated Structural Materials Science Center
- Center for Objective Microelectronics and Biomimetic Advanced Technology
- MURI Center for Dynamic Magneto-Optics
Within the college, we focus our engineering research efforts around major challenges and research initiatives that include healthcare, optics, wireless sensing, plasma science, robotics and manufacturing.
We also work with partners across the university to push the frontiers in fields like biointerfaces, energy and sustainability, translational medical technology and revolutionary materials research.
Department Faculty Directories
- Aerospace Engineering
- Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Integrative Systems + Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences
Learn about undergraduate summer research opportunities.