Donor Recognition

The Michigan Engineering community extends its heartfelt thanks to those who have made a lasting investment to benefit Michigan Engineering.

Gifts of all kinds are significant and appreciated. The donor wall and named spaces at the University recognize donors for this reason.

Named Spaces

  • Mortimer E. Cooley Building (1953)
  • Walter E. Lay Automotive Laboratory (1955)
  • George G. Brown Laboratories (1957, 1964)
  • Chrysler Center (1967) a gift of the Chrysler Corporation
  • Herbert H. Dow Building (1982)
  • Alice Aycock’s Summaries of Arithmetic Through Dust, Including Writing Not Yet Printed (1992) a gift of the Class of 1933E
  • Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Building (1993) a gift of Association Francois-Xavier Bagnoud
  • Gerome Kamrowski’s Trio (1993) a gift of the Class of 1942E
  • Beverly Pepper’s Triad Ritual (1993) a gift of the Class of 1937E
  • Maya Lin’s Wave Field (1995) a gift of Association Francois-Xavier Bagnoud
  • Ann and Robert H. Lurie Tower (1996) a gift of Ann Lurie (LLD Hon. ’03)
  • Robert H. Lurie Engineering Center (1996) a gift of Ann Lurie (LLD Hon. ’03)
  • Alexander Liberman’s Begob (1996) a gift of the Class of 1945E and the NROTC classes starting in 1942
  • Reflecting Pool and Fred’s Fountain (1997) a gift of the Class of 1947E
  • Wolverine (2001) a gift of the Class of 2001E
  • Kenneth Snelson’s Indexer II (2002) a gift of the Class of 1950E
  • Carl A. Gerstacker Building (2002) a gift primarily of the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation
  • Ann and Robert H. Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building (2006) a gift of Ann Lurie (LLD Hon. ’03)
  • Bob and Betty Beyster Building (2006)
  • Class of 55E Garden a gift of the Class of 1955E
  • Robert H. Lurie Nanofabrication Facility (2008) a gift of Ann Lurie (LLD Hon. ’03)
  • Clement Meadmore’s Hob Nob (2008) a gift of Jagdish C. (BSE CE ’63, MSE ’64) and Saroj (MA ’68) Janveja
  • Fletcher Benton’s Tilted Donut with S, 2006 (2008) a gift of the Class of 1956E
  • Gorguze Family Laboratory (2011)