Gifts of Stocks, Bonds and Real Estate
How it Works
Make an immediate gift by directly transferring stocks, bonds or other securities to the University of Michigan. If you transfer appreciated assets, you will likely avoid capital gains tax.
Real estate can be given outright, through an estate or to fund some life income gifts such as the charitable remainder unitrust. You receive a current income tax charitable deduction for a portion of the property’s value.
- Make a generous gift to the Michigan Engineering
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
This Might Interest You if You…
- Are interested in making an immediate gift to Michigan
- Have highly-appreciated long-term assets
How to Get Started
- Contact Ally Effler to receive more information or delivery instructions