Gifts Through Bequest
How it Works
A bequest is a simple designation in your will or living trust that specifies a future gift of cash, securities or tangible property to Michigan Engineering.
With the help of your advisor, you can include simple language in your will or living trust, you may specify a gift of cash, securities or tangible property to Michigan Engineering. For many donors, a bequest offers the opportunity to make a more substantial gift than would be possible in their lifetime. By making a charitable bequest, donors may also lessen the tax burden on their heirs.
- Make a generous gift to Michigan Engineering, while preserving assets during your lifetime
- Gifts through estate plans are exempt from federal estate taxes
- Donor retains control of assets during lifetime
- Bequest may be modified at any time
- Simple to execute
This Might Interest You if You…
- Would like to provide for your heirs and for Michigan Engineering
- Want to preserve your assets in your lifetime
- Want to potentially minimize estate taxes