Could cancer be diagnosed with a simple blood test? A new chip, developed by chemical engineering assistant professor Sunitha Nagrath and her lab, can capture breast, lung and pancreatic cancer cells from a small blood sample.
- The Center for Healthcare Engineering and Patient Safety (CHEPS) tackles challenges at the intersection of medicine, policy and systems engineering to make healthcare safer and more effective.
- The Michigan Translational Research and Commercialization (MTRAC) program helps researchers put breakthrough solutions in doctors’ hands.
- New knowledge travels fast, putting our students at the forefront of breakthrough engineering.
- Support research that can save lives.
- Move innovative tools from concept to clinic.
- Bring quality care to developing countries.
Contact Julie Hood to talk more about meeting this challenge.