When starting her college career at the U-M, Sita Syal was unsure how she would find her place on such a big campus. Four years later, almost everyone in the Michigan Engineering knows her name.
About the Program
Our students will attack and solve the hard problems of our time. We must prepare them to embrace that challenge. The new Michigan Engineering Honors Program helps highly motivated students reach their potential by meeting specialized academic requirements and working closely with faculty and student mentors. They can begin applying in their second year (or second semester for transfer students).
- High standards (3.6 cumulative GPA, 9 credits in a focused area) ensure academic excellence.
- Honors seminar and capstone project empower students to follow their curiosity and take action.
- Program is expected to reach 350-student capacity in 2016.
- Encourage intellectual curiosity and original research.
- Reward students’ extra effort.
- Develop relationships with individual students, in some instances for a lifetime.
- Help Michigan recruit and retain the Leaders & Best.
Contact Melanie Zauel to talk more about meeting this challenge.