The Michigan Engineering Fund – Sustainability (320063) supports projects targeted towards addressing global challenges such as clean water and the development of sustainable energy sources. Some examples of current and past projects include:
- Water systems
- Atmospheric, planetary and space sciences engineering
- Capabilities to measure atmospheric constituents on Earth and other planets
- Modeling space and atmospheric systems
- Resilient interdependent systems engineering
- Human-infrastructure interfaces
- Innovative global education
A University of Michigan spin-out is developing a diaper that composts, aiming to reduce the 3.5 million tons of disposable diapers in US landfills.
Ecovia Renewables has shown that its biodegradable material can compete with conventional disposable diaper absorbency in the lab, and it’s working with manufacturers to put the material into prototype diapers and other hygiene products.
The Scholarships Fund supports undergraduate scholarships in Michigan Engineering. Most aid for students from this fund is in the form of tuition.
Sponsored Student Team Projects Fund
The Sponsored Student Team Projects Fund provides resources for teamwork and hands-on projects that prepare students to succeed globally.
The Entrepreneurship Fund empowers students to create and lead through entrepreneurship and leadership programs.