About the Board
The Michigan Engineering Advisory Board (MEAB) serves the College of Engineering and its alumni by offering knowledge, hands-on service, network connections, passion and resources in the pursuit of the College of Engineering’s vision and mission. The College of Engineering will achieve its Great to Best/Michigan Engineering 2020 elevation by transforming its research enterprise, educational programs and culture. A critical constituency in these efforts will be the College’s 80,000+ member distinguished alumni community. The MEAB will be the key driver of alumni engagement and impact.
Interested in Becoming a Board Member?
If you’re interested in joining the Alumni Board (or would like to nominate a fellow alumnus) here’s what you need to do:
- Submit your name and resume to Sandra Hines, Senior Director for Leadership Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nominations Committee reviews candidates and makes recommendations based on the current needs of the board.
- Board member candidates are presented by the Nominations Committee at the Annual Board Meeting during Homecoming Weekend in October.
- Members are elected at the Annual Meeting for a three-year term.
- Newly-elected Board members receive a welcome letter with board meeting dates and additional board information.
- The full board meets face to face in the spring and fall. Subcommittees meet via regularly scheduled teleconferences.