Transfer Students


You have been selected to be one of the leaders and best, and to help forge the future with breakthrough engineering. As Michigan Engineers, we are prepared to step up and tackle the world’s greatest challenges.

Michigan Engineering: Leadership for the Common Good

Come, be a victor for engineering. Step forward with us as we strive to create breakthrough engineering solutions. Because this is our world – and our world needs victors.


To check your status and accept your admission, log in to Enrollment Connect with your email address and password. After you have paid the EDR, (or if the EDR is waived, you will complete a form indicating your intention to enroll), you will receive an email invitation from the university to set up your uniqname. See “Set Up Your Uniqname and Account” for details. Note: U-M Flint and U-M Dearborn students already have a U-M uniqname assigned, which will not change.

To accept your admission into Michigan Engineering, you must pay your $300 Enrollment Deposit. The quickest and most convenient way to pay your deposit is online via Enrollment Connect.

Instructions for paying enrollment deposit

Orientation and Advising

The Office of New Student Programs conducts New Student Orientation programs for all transfer students new to the University of Michigan. Orientation dates for are held for students transferring in both Fall and Winter terms.

Information about how to register for orientation, available orientation dates, and other transfer resources will be sent to your U-M email account after your enrollment deposit has been received.

The Michigan Engineering Transfer Support (METS) office also provides support to new transfer students during the transition to Michigan Engineering. The METS office is located within the Engineering Advising Center.

Transfer Credit

Admitted transfer students must request a final college transcript sent to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.

Approximately 4-6 weeks after we receive your Enrollment Deposit, you will receive an email in your U-M email account that contains notice of Advanced Credit Standing. After the email has been sent, you can log into Wolverine Access to view the transfer credit posted to your U-M transcript. You will receive the transfer credit email no later than your scheduled orientation date.

If you have questions about your transfer credit after receiving the email notification, please send questions to: Please include your full name, U-M ID, admit term, and details of the question.

More about how transfer credit works


During New Student Orientation, you will meet with your department academic advisor for assistance with course selection, degree completion requirements, and information on how to backpack and register for classes. You will not be permitted to register for classes prior to your scheduled orientation date.

Housing and Financial Aid

The Michigan Engineering Scholarship Office and the Office of Financial Aid are your resources for learning about financial aid.

The Engineering Scholarship Office handles all undergraduate scholarships for the College. Admitted students are encouraged to file your application for financial aid as early as possible each year in order to meet all of the university, federal, and state financial aid deadlines. Be sure to visit the U-M Office of Financial Aid web site to confirm this year’s deadline and obtain information on other forms of financial aid.

The University Housing office provides information about both on and off-campus housing for admitted transfer students.