What do engineers do?
Engineers think up amazing things every day. And they have some incredible jobs. Engineers have been known to:
- Design roller coasters
- Defy gravity
- Organize Hollywood stunts
- Create prosthetic jaws
- Build fuel injection systems
- Develop video games for autism therapy
- Manufacture sustainable systems for developing nations
Tell me more about engineering
Engineering as a career
Engineering jobs take many forms, but there’s one thing for certain - there are lots of them! Michigan Engineers are some of the most marketable around, and they are landing careers in high places.
- Hundreds of internships secured by each class pre-graduation, with monthly salaries as high as $6,000
- Over half of 2010/11 graduates accepted a full-time job within a year of their graduation
- Starting salaries for engineering graduates in 2010/11 range from as high as $75,000 with a Bachelor’s degree and $100,000 for Doctorates.
- Cooperative Education opportunities provided with average monthly salaries of around $3500.
- Students hired by top companies such as Microsoft, Accenture, Lockheed Martin, General Motors and Apple.