CoE Peer Mentoring Program
What Is It?
- A fun, fast, and effective way to connect with each other, the College, and the campus
- The support and resources that facilitate a positive the transition to the University
- Building community, promoting student involvement, and encouraging successful exploration and development of academic, social, and personal interests
What Is A Mentor?
- An engineering student who has completed the first year in the College - and survived!
- Someone who remembers what it was like those first few weeks on campus
- A student who wants others to learn from his/her own experience
- A good listener who takes initiative, responds quickly to questions, doesn't pretend to have all the answers - and will point you in the right direction to get the answers
How Does It Work?
- New students are matched with a mentor before they move to campus
- Matches are based on mutual interests, like majors, campus activities, or hometown
- Mentors will first connect with mentees by email, phone, and social networks
- Mentors will meet mentees in person before classes start, and then connect again at the annual Kick Off event
- Maintain as much or as little contact as wanted and needed throughout the term