Combined Undergrad/Grad Program
The Combined Undergraduate/Graduate program [known as Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Study (SUGS) ] is for top students in the University of Michigan Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering undergraduate program, and leads to the MSE degree. SUGS students are able to double count up to nine credit hours and transfer up to six credit hours from their undergraduate program to their graduate program. Eligible students typically apply to the SUGS program in their senior year.
- To be eligible for the SUGS program the students minimum G.P.A. must be at least a 3.2
- SUGS students do not Dual register
- Students earning Dual Bachelor’s degrees are NOT eligible for SUGS
- Students will enroll in Rackham for any term within 12 months of graduation with the approval of the program. In a few instances students may have up to 6 credits of the undergraduate program outstanding upon enrollment in Rackham in accordance with Rackham rules. The undergraduate degree can be awarded as soon as the degree requirements are met
- During the student’s senior year, a SUGS application is submitted to Rackham by the required program deadline ( January 15 )
- Must be registered for a minimum of 2 full ( 9 Credit ) terms, paying full tuition in Rackham only with no other U-M registration.
- If you are a GSI or GSRA you also still need to register for 2 full ( 9 Credit ) terms.
The additional items needed in order for your application to be considered complete are:
- Complete the Online Rackham Admissions Application Form
- Two letters of recommendations from people who are familiar with you, in particular faculty members who have supervised your coursework and/or research
- Academic statement of purpose, describing your graduate study objectives
- Personal statement