Judy Jin | Faculty
Jionghua (Judy) Jin is currently a professor in the IOE Department and the Director of Manufacturing Engineering Program of Integrative Systems and Design Division at the University of Michigan. Her research focuses on data fusion and system informatics for better comprehension and operation of engineering systems and decision-making for quality and reliability assurance. Her research innovation and broad industrial impacts have been recognized by numerous awards, including nine Best Paper Awards from IIE Transactions, Industrial Engineering Research Conference, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress, and International Conference on Frontiers of Design and Manufacturing; the Forging Achievement Award from Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation, and the CAREER and PECASE Awards from NSF. She is currently serving as a Departmental Editor for IIE Transactions and an Editorial Advisory Board member for Journal of Industrial and Production Engineering. She was also serving as the Vice President-International Activities of INFORMS, the Chairperson of Quality, Statistics, and Reliability division of INFORMS, and the President of Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Division of IIE. She is a Fellow of IIE, a Fellow of ASME, an elected senior member of ISI, a senior member of ASQ, and a member of IEEE, INFORMS, and SME.
Medical Decision Making
- Ergonomics & Human Factors
- Quality & Applied Statistics
Design of Experiments
Reliability & Maintainability
Statistical Quality Control
- Guo, W., Jin, J., Paynabar, K. Miller, B. Carpenter, J. (2015) “A Decision Support System on Surgical Treatments for Rotator Cuff Tears,” To appear IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering.
- Paynabar, K., Jin, J., and Reed, M. (2014) “Informative Sensor and Feature Selection via Hierarchical Non-Negative Garrote,” Accepted by Technometrics (online version DOI:10,1080/00401706.2014.947383.)
- Sadrpour, A., Jin, J., and Ulsoy, A.G. (2014) “Real-time Energy-efficient Path Planning for Unmanned Ground Vehicles using Mission Prior Knowledge,” Int. J. of Vehicle Autonomous Systems, 12:3, 221-246.
- Abad, A., Jin, J. and Son, Y., (2013) “Estimation of Expected Human Attention Weights Based on a Decision Field Theory Model,” Information Science, Vol. 278, Sep. 2014, 520–534.
- Liu, J., and Jin, J. (2013) “Diagnosing Multistage Manufacturing Processes with Engineering-driven Factor Analysis Considering Sampling Uncertainty, ASME Transactions, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 135:4.
- Paynabar, K., Jin, J., and M. Pacella, (2013) “Monitoring and Diagnosis of Multichannel Nonlinear Profile Variations Using Uncorrelated Multilinear Principal Component Analysis,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering. V45 (11), 1235-1247.
- Paynabar, K., Jin, J., and Yeh, A. (2012) “Phase I Risk-Adjusted Control Charts for Monitoring Surgical Performance by Considering Categorical Covariates,” Journal of Quality Technology, V44(1), 39-53.
- Yang, Q. and Jin, J. (2012) “Separation of Individual Operation Signals from Mixed Sensor Measurements,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, V44(9), 780-792.
- Paynabar, K. and Jin, J. (2011) “Characterization of Nonlinear Profiles Variations using Mixed-effect Models and Wavelets,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, V43, 275-290 (Awarded IIE Transactions Best Application Paper Award.)
- Li, J. and Jin, J. (2010) “Optimal Sensor Allocation by Integrating Causal Models and Set-covering Algorithms,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, V42(8), 564-576.
- Liu, J., Jin, J., and Shi, J., (2009) “State Space Modeling for 3-Dimensional Variation Propagation in Multistage Assembly Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, V7(2), 274-290.
- Jin, J., and Li, J. (2009) “Multiscale Wavelet Analysis for Mapping Aggregated Signal Features to Embedded Operations,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, V41(7), 615-625.
- Chen, Y. and Jin, J. (2006), “Quality-Oriented-Maintenance for Multiple Interactive Tooling Components in Discrete Manufacturing Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, V55 (1), 123-134.
- Guo, H. and Jin, J. (2006), “Travel Time Estimation With Correlation Analysis of Single Loop Detector Data,” Transportation Research Record, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Computing Applications, No. 1968, 10-19.
- Jin, J. and Ding, Y. (2004), “Online Automatic Process Control Using Observable Noise Factors for Discrete-part Manufacturing,” IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, V36 (9), 899-911.