Department publications including books and editorial posts of the faculty of the Industrial and Engineering Department of the University of Michigan.
- James A. Tompkins, John A. White, Yavuz A. Bozer, and J. M. A. Tanchoco. Facilities Planning. 3rd ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2002.
- Leo Greenberg and Don Chaffin. Workers and Their Tools. Midland, MI: Pendell Press, 1979.
- D. B. Chaffin and G. B. J. Andersson. Occupational Biomechanics. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1984.
- Malcolm Pope, Gunnar BJ Andersson, John W. Frymoyer, and Don B. Chaffin. Occupational Low Back Pain: Assessment, Treatment and Prevention. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Year Book, 1991.
- Xiuli Chao, Misakiyo Miyazawa, and Michael Pinedo, "Queueing Networks: Customers, Signals, and Product Form Solutions". John Wiley & Sons (in the Interscience Series in Systems and Optimization), published July 1999.
- Michael Pinedo and Xiuli Chao, "Operations Scheduling with Applications to
- Manufacturing and Services". Published by Irwin/McGraw-Hill, October, 1998.
- Associate Editor, Operations Research, Oct 2013 -- now.
- Department Editor (Department of Stochastic Models), IIE Transactions on
- Operations Engineering and Analytics, 2013 ---.
- Associate Editor, Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences. 1996 ---.
- Associate Editor, Operations Research Letters, 2002 ---.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, October 2000 ---.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Operations Research Society of China, 2006 ---.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology, October 2011 ---.
- Mark S. Daskin. Network and Discrete Location: Models, Algorithms, and Applications. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1995.
- Mark S. Daskin, Service Science New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2010
- Denton, B.T. (Ed.), "Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management: Methods and Applications", International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, 2013, Volume 84, Springer, New York. http://www.springer.com/978-1-4614-5884-5
- Associate Editor, Operations Research (2015 –)
- Editorial Board Member, Optimization and Engineering (2013 –)
- Area Editor for Mathematical Modeling in the journal Risk Analysis
- Associate Editor for the ASCE Journal of Infrastructure Systems
- W.J. Hopp, M.L. Spearman, Factory Physics: Foundations of Manufacturing Management, Burr Ridge, IL: Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1996 (second edition, 2000, third edition, 2007).
- W.J. Hopp, Supply Chain Science, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- W.J. Hopp, W.S. Lovejoy. 2012. Hospital Operations. New York: Financial Times.
- Editor-in-Chief, Management Science, 2003-2008.
- Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management, 2003-present
- Ruiwei Jiang, Antonio J. Conejo, and Jianhui Wang, "Day-ahead scheduling: Reserve determination and valuation," in Power Grid Operations in a Market Environment: Economic Efficiency and Risk Mitigation, H. Chen, Ed. Wiley, 2015.
- Wickens, C.D., Lee, J., Liu, Y. , and Gordon, S. (2004). Introduction to Human Factors Engineering (2nd edition). New Jersey: Pearson Prentice-Hall. ISBN: 0-13-183736-2.
- Wickens, C.D., Gordon, S., and Liu, Y. (1998). Introduction to Human Factors Engineering (1st edition). New York: Addison-Wesley-Longman. ISBN: 0-321-01229-1.
- Department Editor of IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability Engineering, 2007~present.
- Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Industrial and Production Engineering, 2007~present.
Books and edited volumes
- Serkan Hosten, Jon Lee and Rekha Thomas, Editors. "Trends in Optimization". Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics, Volume 61. American Mathematical Society, 2004, 140 pp.,Hardback: ISBN 0-8218-3584-X.
- Jon Lee, "A First Course in Combinatorial Optimization", Cambridge University Press, February 2004.eBook, ISBN: 9780511189678. Hardback, ISBN: 0521811511. Paperback, ISBN: 0521010128.
- Jon Lee and Adam Letchford, Guest Editors. "Mixed Integer Programming, IMA Special Workshop on Mixed-Integer Programming", Special volume of: Discrete Optimization (Volume 4, Issue 1, Pages 1-142, 2007).
- Jon Lee and Sven Leyffer, Editors. "Mixed Integer Nonlinear Programming". The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Vol. 154. 1st Edition., 2012, X, 660 p. 1 illus. Hardback, ISBN 978-1-4614-1926-6.
- Jon Lee, "A First Course in Linear Optimization", Second Edition (Version 2.1), Reex Press, 2013/4/5.
- Jon Lee and Jens Vygen, Editors. "Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization". 17th International Conference, IPCO 2014, Bonn, Germany, June 23-25, 2014, Proceedings. Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 8494. ISBN 978-3-319-07556-3.
- Jon Lee and Jens Vygen, Editors. Mathematical Programming, Series B. Issue 1-2, December 2015. "Special Issue: Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization, 2014." ISSN: 0025-5610 (Print) 1436-4646 (Online).
- Founding Managing Editor of the journal Discrete Optimization, (2004-2006).
- Associate Editor of the journal Mathematical Programming (Series B),
- Discrete Optimization Subject Editor for the journal Optimization and Engineering,
- Editorial Board Member of the journal Discrete Applied Mathematics.
- Liker, J.K., The Toyota Way: Fourteen Management Secrets from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
- Liker, J.K. with George Trachilis, Developing Lean Leaders at all Levels: A Practical Guide, Lean Leadership Institute Publications, 2014.
- Liker, J.K. and Gary Convis, The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership: Achieving and Sustaining Excellence through Lean Leadership, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, October, 2011.
- Liker J.K and James Franz, The Toyota Way to Continuous Improvement: Linking Strategy and Operational Excellence to achieve Superior Performance, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, April, 2011.
- Liker J.K with Timothy Ogden, Toyota under Fire: Lessons for Turning Crisis into Opportunity, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, March, 2011.
- Liker, J.K. and David Meier, Toyota Talent: Developing People the Toyota Way, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, 2007 (2007 getAbstract Top Ten English Business Books, Financial Times Germany)
- Liker, J.K. and David Meier, The Toyota Way Fieldbook, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Liker, J.K. and Michael Hoseus, Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- J. Morgan and Liker, J.K., The Toyota Product Development System: Integrating People, Process, and Technology, Productivity Press, 2006.
- Liker, J.K., Fruin, M., and Adler, P. (editors), Remade in America: Transplanting and transforming Japanese Production Systems , N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Liker, J.K. (editor), Becoming Lean: Inside Stories of U.S. Manufacturers. Portland, Oregon: Productivity Press, 1997.
- Fleischer, M. and Liker, J.K., Concurrent Engineering Effectiveness: Integrating product development across organizations. Cincinnati, OH: Hanser-Gardner, 1997.
- Liker, J.K., Ettlie, J.E., and Campbell, J.C. (editors), Engineered in Japan: Japanese Technology Management Practices, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 1995 (Edited volume of research based on the U.M. Japan Technology Management program).
- Associate Editor, Journal of Supply Chain Management, 2008 to present
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences, 2004 to present
- Department Editor , Manufacturing Systems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 1998 to present
- D. B. Chaffin, G. B. J. Andersson, B.J. Martin. Occupational Biomechanics. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 4th edition,
- K. G. Murty, Linear Programming , Wiley, 1983.
- K. G. Murty, Linear and Combinatorial Programming , R. E. Krieger, 1985. This book was published earlier by John Wiley between 1976 to 1985.
- K. G. Murty, Linear Complementarity, Linear and Nonlinear Programming , Helderman-Verlag, 1988. This book is now available for download .
- K. G. Murty, Network Programming , Prentice Hall, 1992.
- K. G. Murty, Operations Research: Deterministic Optimization Models ,Prentice Hall, 1995.
- K. G. Murty, Optimization for Decision Making: Linear and Quadratic Models , Springer, 2010.
- For more details, please see the website for this book on Springer's Website: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/book/978-1-4419-1290-9
- K. G. Murty, Computational and Algorithmic Linear Algebra and n-Dimensional Geometry , World-Scientific, 2014.
- K. G. Murty, Editor, Case Studies in Operations Research: Applications of Optimum Decision Making , Springer, 2014, website for this book can be seen at: http://www.springer.com/business+%26+management/operations+research/book/978-1-4939-1006-9
- Advances in Statistical Modeling and Inference: Essays in Honor of Kjell A. Doksum, V. N. Nair (Editor), World Scientific Press, February 2007
- Co-Editor-in-Chief: International Statistical Review (2010 - 2015)
- Honorary Editor: Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, (2008-present)
- Joint-Editor(-in-Chief): International Statistical Review (1996-99)
- Romesh Saigal. Linear Programming— A Modern Integrated Analysis. Kluwer , 1995.
- Henry Wolkowitz, Romesh Saigal and Lieven Vandenberghe, eds. Handbook of Semidefinite Programming - Theory, Algorithms and Applications, Kluwer , 2000.
- Woods, D.D., Dekker, S. Cook, R., Johannesen, L., and Sarter, N. (2011). Behind Human Error. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing Ltd.
- Sarter, N. and Amalberti, R. (Eds.) (2000). Cognitive Engineering in the Aviation Domain. Hillsdale, NJ: LEA.
- Associate Editor, Human Factors (2008-present)
- Associate Editor, Applied Ergonomics (2015)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems (2013 – 2015)
- Associate Editor, IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors (2010-2015)
- P. Van Hentenryck and L. Michel. Constraint-Based Local Search. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2009.
- P. Van Hentenryck and R. Bent. Online Stochastic Combinatorial Optimization. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2006.
- P. Van Hentenryck and L. Michel. Constraint-Based Local Search. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2005.
- P. Van Hentenryck. The OPL Optimization Programming Language. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1999.
- P. Van Hentenryck, L. Michel, and Y.Deville. Numerica: A Modeling Language for Global Optimization. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1997.
- P. Van Hentenryck. Constraint Satisfaction in Logic Programming. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1989.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 2013 – 2016.
- Associate Editor, Artificial Intelligence, 2013 – 2016
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Computational Logic (Area Editor), 2003 –
- Area Editor, Journal of Heuristics, 2000 –
- Associate Editor, Naval Research Logistics (NRL) (Aug. 2004 - present)
- Associate Editor, IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering (Feb. 2014 - present)