About the Board
The Michigan Engineering Alumni Board administers the affairs and business of the Engineering Alumni community. Duties include enhancing and strengthening a positive and proactive relationship between the College of Engineering, alumni of the College and, through them, the professional fields they represent.
How to become a board member
If you’re interested in joining the Alumni Board (or would like to nominate a fellow alumnus) here’s what you need to do:
- Submit your name and resume to Melanie Zauel, senior director for alumni relations, at email@example.com
- The Alumni Board Nomination Committee reviews the nomination and contacts you to arrange for a phone interview.
- A slate of Board member candidates is presented by the Nomination Committee at the Annual Board Meeting during Homecoming Weekend in October.
- Members are elected at the Annual Meeting for a three-year term. Incumbents may be re-elected for a second term. The term limit is six years.
- Newly-elected Board members receive a welcome letter with board meeting dates and additional board information.