About the Board
The Michigan Engineering Alumni Board administers the affairs and business of the Engineering Alumni community. Duties include enhancing and strengthening a positive and proactive relationship between the College of Engineering, alumni of the College and, through them, the professional fields they represent. The Alumni Board meets annually during Homecoming Weekend.
How to become a board member
If you’re interested in joining the Alumni Board (or would like to nominate a fellow alumnus) here’s what you need to do:
- Submit your name and resume to Melanie Zauel, senior director for alumni relations, at email@example.com
- The Alumni Board Nomination Committee reviews the nomination and contacts you to arrange for a phone interview.
- A slate of Board member candidates is presented by the Nomination Committee at the Annual Board Meeting during Homecoming Weekend in October.
- Members are elected at the Annual Meeting for a three-year term. Incumbents may be re-elected for a second term. The term limit is six years.
- Newly-elected Board members receive a welcome letter with board meeting dates and additional board information.