Timothy Scott | Faculty
Monash University in Clayton, Victoria, Australia
PhD Materials Engineering '06
University of Melbourne in Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Chemistry (Honors) '02
POSTIONS HELD AT U-M
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, (2011-present)
POSTIONS HELD AT U-M
- Visiting Research Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, (2010-2011)
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, (2008-2011)
Free radicals are uncommonly potent reactive species that find utility in small molecule syntheses, redox chemistries and polymer production. The generation of these species can be readily induced via the UV or visible light irradiation of photosensitive compounds, allowing facile temporal and spatial control over radical-mediated reactions. Research within the Scott group is focused on exploiting the attributes of radicals for unique polymer fabrication and manipulation strategies to yield materials for biomedical devices, membrane separators and energy capture and storage media.
- ChE 330 - Chemical and Engineering Thermodynamics
- ChE 360 - Chemical Engineering Laboratory I
- ChE 696- Directed Study in Chemical Engineering
- Scott, T. F., Kloxin, C. J., Forman, D. L., McLeod, R. R., and Bowman, C. N., Principles of voxel refinement in optical direct write lithography. J. Mater. Chem. (in press).
- Kloxin, C. J., Scott, T. F., Park, H. Y., and Bowman, C. N., Mechanophotopatterning on a photoresponsive elastomer. Adv. Mater. 23 (17), 1977 (2011).
- Scott, T. F., Kowalski, B. A., Sullivan, A. C., Bowman, C. N., and McLeod, R. R., Two-color single-photon photoinitiation and photoinhibition for subdiffraction photolithography. Science 324 (5929), 913 (2009).
- Fairbanks, B. D., Scott, T. F., Kloxin, C. J., Anseth, K. S., and Bowman, C. N., Thiol-yne photopolymerizations: novel mechanism, kinetics and step growth formation of highly crosslinked networks. Macromolecules 42 (1), 211 (2009).
- Scott, T. F., Draughon, R. B., and Bowman, C. N., Actuation in crosslinked polymers via photoinduced stress relaxation. Adv. Mater. 18 (16), 2128 (2006).
- Scott, T. F., Schneider, A. D., Cook, W. D., and Bowman, C. N., Photoinduced plasticity in cross-linked polymers. Science 308 (5728), 1615 (2005).