Barry Barkel | Faculty
Wayne State University
University of Michigan
BS ChE, Metallurgical Engineering, '65
POSITIONS HELD AT U-M
- Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, (2000-present)
POSITIONS HELD ELSEWHERE
- Consultant-Process Engineering, Process Safety, Materials of Construction, (2000-present)
- Chief Materials Engineer, BASF Corporation, Wyandotte, Michigan, (1965-2000)
- Eng 110 - The Engineering Profession
- ChE 466 - Process Controls
- ChE 487 - Process Design
- ChE 496 - Product Design and Development
Barkel, Barry M., Teaching Team and Interpersonal Skills via Design Projects-Transplanting an Industrial Team Model, International Conference on Engineering Education, Gainesville Florida, 2004.
Barkel, Barry M and Peter Woolf, Process Controls- A Relevant Approach, American Society for Engineering Education, Chicago, IL, 2006.
Barkel, Barry M., A Statistical Study of Student Work Input into Projects in a Capstone Design Class, International Conference on Engineering Education, San Juan, PR, 2006.