Reserving a CAEN Computer Lab
- All CAEN computer labs are available to students on a first come, first served drop-in basis.
- Limited reservations are allowed in a subset of these labs by College of Engineering faculty or graduate student instructors in order to accommodate course-related instructional use.
- Additional policies and regulations apply to all lab reservations requests.
CAEN Labs Available for Reservation
The following CAEN computer labs may be reserved for Engineering course-related, instructional use. Both one-time and recurring reservation requests are considered.
|Beyster 1620 (combined A & B sides)||43||43||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|Beyster 1620 (B side only)||22||22||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|Beyster 1620 (A side only)||21||21||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|GFL 224||42||53||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|SRB 2230||27||27||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|LBME 1310||25||46||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
|EECS 2331||19||19||Check Availability||Request Reservation|
- CAEN computer labs may be reserved only for Engineering course-related instruction (not office hours) for which CAEN computers are required.
- Only College of Engineering faculty, administrative staff, or designated graduate student instructors may reserve a lab. Faculty and administrative staff must have regular, non-zero Engineering appointments with their administrative home in an Engineering academic department.
- Requests must be made at least two business days in advance (more notice is preferred) to accommodate notification to drop-in users.
- Reservations may only be for a time period between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, not to exceed two hours.
- Reservation requests will be denied if they create an adverse effect on drop-in usage. The lab will be available to drop-in users if a partial reservation is made.
- Faculty and staff may request temporary login access for non-College attendees of events being held in a reserved lab.
- If additional software is needed, reservation requests must comply with the course software submission deadlines.
- CAEN does not supply extra seating or equipment for reservations.
- All reservation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.