Margaret S. Wooldridge | Faculty
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, '95
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, '91
University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, '89
POSITIONS HELD AT U-M
- Professor, Departments of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (2007-Present)
- Director, Automotive Engineering Program (2007-Present)
- Co-Director, Global Automotive and Manufacturing Engineering (2007-Present)
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering (2002-2007)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering (1998-2002)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME, Fellow)
- Society of Automotive Engineering
- Combustion Institute
Combustion, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics including combustion synthesis; pollution mitigation; reburn and co-firing technologies; reaction kinetics; aerosol sampling and transport; optical diagnostics; gas dynamics.
MAJOR FUNDING SOURCES
- Ford Motor Company
- United States Department of Energy
- National Science Foundation
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2008.
- 2007 Society of Automotive Enginers J. Cordell Breed Award for Women Leaders.
- Education Excellence Award, U-M College of Engineering, 2003-2004.
- Ralph R. Teetor Educator Award, Society of Automotive Engineers, 2001.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, U-M College of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2000.
- Career Development Award, U-M, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, 1999.
- ASME Pi Tau Sigma Gold Medal, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1999.
- Teaching Incentive Program Award, U-M College of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 1999.
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 1998.
- Collier Service Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1998.
- Frank Walk Service Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1997.