- Advisors - Advice from students at MIT
- An Insider's Guide to Choosing a Graduate Advisor and Research Projects in Laboratory Sciences, by Marshall Lev Dermer, Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee, 1993
- Finding and Dealing with an Advisor - Dianne Post O'Leary, 1999
- Graduate Advisors, Mentors, and Professors from About.com
- How to Choose a Graduate Advisor
- Professor/Grad Relationships: Maximizing the Mentoring Potential, by Nick Repak, Director, Grad Resources
- Questions to ask to help select an advisor - An excerpt taken from "At Cross Purposes: What the experiences of doctoral students reveal about doctoral education." By Chris M. Golde and Timothy M. Dore. January, 2001. www.phd-survey.org.
- Surviving a Bad Graduate School Advisor